31 October 2009

Carving Pumpkins


We actually got around to carving pumpkins this year. (Last year I was in the hospital, so there was no carving. . .)  We bought two pumpkins at the farmer's market. Eden was a great help. The other three were just loud.


The first pumkin was easy to deal with. Not so much the second one. The knife went in about this far. So, John got creative.

The drill was the closest thing we have to a power saw.

But when the battery died, John had to do even more creative thinking. Thank goodness for a handy box of tools!

Eventually we got the top off and managed to get some faces in them. The girls picked the shapes for the faces and Daddy and I did the hard work. (Though I do give much credit to Eden for scraping it out.)


Happy Halloween!

3 people think my kids are cute!:

Linds said...

That's one stubborn pumpkin! I bet that was the most fun John's had carving a pumpkin. Too bad he didn't have a power saw.

Rock said...

Fun! I love carving pumpkins

Patty said...

Dallon used a drill also for his carving. I love seeing all the creative pumpkins, I never thought to put stars as the eyes. Great idea.