18 June 2009

A little story


I thought I would tell you all a cute little story from our house.

A few days ago I bought Rhubarb on a whim. I haven't had it since I was little, and thought it was about time we try it again. Well, we brought it home and I made rhubarb bars. As I was making them the girls came in asking what I was making and when it would be ready. Tayleigh announced that she was going to try it and that she was going to love it.

Well. . .

The rhubarb bars came out of the oven during dinner, so when the girls were finished they were still too hot to eat. Eden was fine with this. She is generally the more patient of the two. Tayleigh, on the other hand, wanted instant gratification and got a piece of candy out of the pantry, declaring that she wasn't going to try the bars after all.



Well, when the bars were cool enough to eat, Tayleigh conveniently forgot that she had already had dessert and asked for a bar. I was in a decent mood (actually I don't think I was. I'm pretty sure I just didn't feel like fighting) so I let it slide and even though Eden fought it and Tayleigh lied up and down about not having dessert earlier, Tayleigh got her 2 desserts and loved them.

Fast forward about 8 hours later. Tayleigh comes down to my room, saying she had a bad dream and crawls into bed with me. A little bit later when I told her it was time to go back to bed, she turns over, looks at me and says: "Mommy, I lied. I really did have dessert. I"m sorry."

And when I finally comprehended what she was saying, my heart just melted. I gave her a big hug and kiss and sent her back to bed. She really is a sweet (if not a bit crazy) little girl!

6 people think my kids are cute!:

Debbie said...

Ohhh so cute. The little ones really are so sweet especially when they have moments like this!

Rochelle said...

How sweet!

janae said...

I love that it bothered her! What a sweetheart!

Linds said...

It's such a good thing when your child actually has a conscience.

Liesl Shurtliff said...

That's great. And amazing that it bothered her enough to tell you that much later. What a sweetie.

Patty said...

That is so special, I can't believe that it actually bothered her enough to tell the truth in the middle of the night.