07 April 2009

A little help. . .

We are at the somethings gotta give point at the Ward home. I am, therefore looking for the easiest recipes ever. Wanna help me out?

4 people think my kids are cute!:

Wendy said...

What kind of recipes??? And why does something gotta give --- Is mom too tired to make anything at night that takes more than 30 minutes --- or do you have extremely picky kids ???

Debbie said...

I'll send ya a few recipes. There are a handful that I like because they freeze well too so I just have to remember to take them out the night before (or that morning when I'm making breakfast).

janae said...

Here's a fave at our house. It is pretty healthy and I can make it in 15-20 minutes.

Black Bean and Rice Soup
- 2 cans black beans (14.5 oz)
- 3 c water
- 1/2 c chopped onion*
- 1 envelope Italian Salad Dressing Mix
- 1 1/2 c minute brown rice, uncooked

Place 1 1/2 cans of beans with liquid in blender. Blend until smooth. Pour into large saucepan. Stir in remaining beans, water, onion and dressing mix. Bring to a boil. Stir in rice. Reduce heat to low, cover. Simmer 5 minutes. Top with sour cream, crushed red pepper, and crushed tortilla chips.


*(I actually do 1T onion powder or 3T minced onions. I'm super lazy. :)

wonder woman said...

If you cook hamburger right when you buy it, then freeze it in 1 pound portions, I've got my easy recipe for you.

Thaw hamburger. (Run hot water over it in a collander. Takes about 3 minutes.) Put hamburger in casserole dish. While thawing hamburger, cook instant potatoes. Add a can of corn to finished potatoes. Put potatoes/corn on hamburger. Top with cheddar cheese. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. (I also season the beef and potatoes -- garlic, pepper, and som Mrs. Dash.)

Easy-peasy. In fact, I will probably be doing this for dinner tonight since I've been blogging ALL AFTERNOON. Playing catch up is not easy!!!

p.s. I was glad to see you at "can't get enough of myself." You two have a lot in common. :o)