20 April 2009

Grandma and Seth

We have a very special lady in our family. Her name is Ruth Redford Cooper Maughan.

When I was growing up I loved that she had so many names. I thought it was so cool. She is my Grandma, my mother's mom. She lived in Florida while I was growing up so we didn't get to see her very often. We went to Florida 3 times while I was growing up and for a long time she would come out to Utah every summer. After I got married, a few months after Eden was born, she moved to Utah. And we just love having her here.

You would never guess that she is an 86 year old woman. She loves to play with the kids and tease them and tell them stories. Especially Seth. And do you know how she won him over? By dancing with him! She first taught him how to dance with a barbie. Then she got down on her knees to dance with him. At the end of each dance she spun him around and then told him to bow and say thank you. If Seth could talk, he would never admit that he enjoyed this. But after each he would get a shy look on his face and nudge Grandma with his head to indicate that he wanted to do it again.

Ever since then he likes Grandma Maughan. And on his birthday he climbed up on the couch to show her his new book. Each time they got to the end of the book both would clap and yell, "Yea!" Both were delighted with the other.

Happy Birthday Grandma. We really love you. I hope your around for a long, long time to make memories with all of my children. They are so lucky to have you in their lives.

2 people think my kids are cute!:

janae said...

What a fun way to post about her birthday! I love the storytelling style. Very fun!

Debbie said...

Those pictures are so sweet. I'm impressed your grandma is still so active. How fun for you and your kids!