13 January 2009

Let's See. . .

This morning my kids were playing in my bedroom. Seth found a comb and brush set that I got at the hospital when I had one of my babies--I can't remember which one. All three were taking turns combing and brushing their hair. When I asked them if they wanted their breakfast, they hopped up and headed out of the room. Tayleigh, however, doubled back and walked up to the mirror: "Let's see, Yep! I love my hair!"
This kid just cracks me up. I worry about her sometimes. She can change moods on the turn of a dime. One moment she is happily playing and the next the world is coming to an end. I have, for the most part, started ignoring her crying because more often than not, she will stop within a minute or two when she realizes that just because she can't find her shoe it is not lost forever. The teenage years are going to be AWESOME.
*****************************************************
I also want to apologize for the lack of pictures appearing on my blog. While I love my new camera, I have recently lost the use of one of my hands. (i.e. Eric is attached to it). (which is why I almost never comment. Sorry, guys it's hard to type with one hand.) And about the only disadvantage of my camera is that it requires 2 hands. I was really hoping, when I first starting asking for a nicer camera, that I would still have my point and shoot for those unexpected photo ops. However, when that plan was crushed, I was resigned to make the most of my wonderful new camera, no matter how bulky it is. Well, since baby number 4 arrived that has gone right out the window. So, if you're dying to see pictures of my family, donate to the "Rachel wants a cheap point and shoot" fund. Oh, and don't mention any of this to my husband. . .

2 people think my kids are cute!:

3 Peas in a Pod said...

I'm amazed that you have a blog let alone read and comment on other's blogs with 4 children!!! (and one of them being a little baby no less) I'm finding it hard to do all of that with 3. That's very impressive. No need to apologize!! Kudos to you for keeping up with it all. :)

Much love from NJ,
Sue

wonder woman said...

Tayleigh sounds just like my Eric. Hot and cold at the drop of a hat.