29 October 2008

This is it!

Eric Brandon Ward finally arrived Monday at 6:33 in the evening. In a last ditch attempt to bring on labor I cleaned my house and made a huge dinner. And well, it worked. Labor started at 4:30, we got to the hospital at 6:00 ( and no, we didn't wait, it was rush hour) and Eric arrived 30 minutes later. Sadly, my midwife didn't make it there in time, but otherwise everything went great. We are both doing really well and came home last night.
The kids LOVE their new baby brother, even Seth who I was worried about. In fact, at one point today Eric was crying and apparently I didn't calm him down fast enough because Seth started crying because he was so worried about his brother. I also caught him trying to put Eric's binky back in his mouth to calm him down. He is a sweet kid. I just hope it continues!




Grandma and Daddy brought Eden, Tayleigh and Seth to meet their new brother Tuesday afternoon. They all took turns holding him, even Seth. And they all loved it.


Seth is very good at being "soft" with the new baby. We have been practicing.


Eden held Eric more than the other two combined. She is the one who is the most thrilled to have a new baby brother again. She is such a great helper. I don't know what I would do without her.
Emily, Adam and Grandpa came to visit Eric Monday night when he was only a few hours old. Conversation immediately preceding this picture:
Emily: Are you smiling?
Dad: Yes.
Not kidding. If you know my dad, you know.


I couldn't ask for a more perfect little baby!

19 people think my kids are cute!:

Aubrey said...

Congratulations! He's adorable - and a 2 hour labor? So nice! I hope your recovery is going well!

The Kemps said...

Welcome baby Eric! Three cheers for your wonderful mommy! Man, you went fast...awesome. Hopefully your house was still clean when you got home and you had a hot, fresh meal (that you didn't have to cook) waiting for you. He is gorgeous! and I love seeing the pictures of your darling older kids holding him. I hope that he's been easy going and the transition from 3 to 4 is so far going smoothly! Love you Rachel! Congrats, I'm so glad he's here.

Adam, Jaci, Grant and Grace said...

Congratulations! He is so adorable and I love his hair. I am glad you are doing well. Keep the pictures coming!

hippyrochelle said...

I'm so happy for you! He is so cute, and how great to have such a fast labor, I'm glad you made it to the hospital in time! Congratulations!

Kym + Marco said...

Congratulations! I knew he would come sooner or later :) Best wishes to you and your (newly expanded) family.

Melanie said...

Congratulation! He's cute. All your kids are adorable. Good luck with recovery. I hope everything goes well.

wonder woman said...

YAY!!!!!! Congrats! See, I TOLD you he wouldn't stay in there forever!! =D I'm glad everything was so easy for you. And I'm of course a BIG fan of his name! He's darling, and I love that your kids are so into him.

janae said...

Congratulations!! I can only imagine how relieved you are to have that baby out. :) He is so precious!

Kiera said...

Oh Rachel, Congratulations!! What a beautiful boy! Isn't new life the BEST!?

Leah said...

Congratulations!! What are his stats?

Erin said...

Congratulations Rachel! He is so cute and I love the dark hair! I'm glad he's finally here! Definately worth the wait.

Mother Goose said...

LOVE all the pictures!!!

Lauren said...

Congrats! He's perfect.

*julie* said...

Yippee!! I'm so excited he's here! Great job Rachel, he's adorable. I can't wait to meet him!

Wizzard MoM said...

Congratulations RACHEL!!! I'm so glad things went well!! He looks so adorable. And I really love the picture of Tayleigh sitting in your lap with you two holding the baby. I agree with Leah -- what are his stats???

Patty said...

I can't believe that it took you an hour and a half to get to the hospital. Who delivered him since your midwife wasn't there? I love all the pictures of your little kids, they are all so cute, I think they look a lot like you. Well congrats on Eric coming and I hope that you have plenty of help, I'm sure you are going to need it with 3 other little guys running around. I bet Eden is a great helper.

Rock said...

Yahoo! Can't wait to meet him!

Debbie said...

He's a looker! Way to go on another cute kid Rachel. Glad to hear you and baby are doing well. Now that pregnancy is over life is going to fly by. Isn't that how it is. :) I love the b&w of you, it's gorgeous.

Liesl Shurtliff said...

Congratulations! He is adorable, and well...there's something to be said for fast deliveries. At least he wasn't born in the car.