07 October 2008

Highly Recommended


I just finished and incredible book. I thought I would share it with you in case any of you are looking for something to read. This book is about 4 sisters in the Dominican Republic during the regime of dictator Trujillo. It is a beautiful, sad, inspiring book. It was one I couldn't stop reading, even though, I was afraid to find out what happened next. Just so you know, this is not fluff, not something to read to escape real life. This IS life in all its bitterness and terror. But it is also beautiful. Just read it.

4 people think my kids are cute!:

Kiera said...

Cool!!! I think I'll check it out.

I love your new header!

wonder woman said...

Oooh! I'll keep this in mind. I just checked out like 5 books from the library. I'll get this one next time.

Aubrey said...

I think I actually saw this movie once, it sounds really familiar, but now I'll have to go get the book to see. :) Thanks for the recommendation, I love reading and it's so hard to find good stuff!

Kym + Marco said...

Thanks for the tip, I'm always looking for a good read. I have a list of books that I need to read when I finish school.