19 October 2008

Help!

Okay, I'm tired of this. The baby needs to come out NOW!!
I have tried everything that I know:
I ate chicken garlic pizza from Trio.
I made John massage my calves.
I tried to find the pressure point in my hand.
I have taken quite a few walks (I spent Saturday morning at the zoo for heaven sake!)
I am debating whether jumping up and down would do me any good. And this is where I need your help. What has worked for you? Or is there anything (crazy as it may sound) that you have heard of for inducing labor? Help!

12 people think my kids are cute!:

Kiera said...

Take the stairs everywhere you go! Go out of your way to go up and down stairs. Stairs, stairs stairs. That always helped me. Sex might help too. Hey, YOU ASKED! Good luck Rachel! I cant wait to see pics of your bundle of joy!

hippyrochelle said...

my mother-in-law always said eating a big steak dinner would help, I didn't believe her, but I got desperate and tried it with my last baby, and had the baby within 6 hours......maybe she was right.

wonder woman said...

We took some friends out to dinner about a week before their baby was due because we didn't know when we'd get the chance again.....she had it the next morning! Chili's, in case you were wondering. And she might've had steak.

We planned a big memorial day celebtation just before eric was born. I ran around like a crazy person trying to do things that day. He was born the next morning.

Want to plan Isaac's birthday party for me?!? =D Good luck! Try Kiera's suggestions, too!

Patty said...

My ideas are the ones that you have already tried. I walked a ton and they both came a couple of days early, I think that jumping up and down sounds like a great plan. Let me know when you have the baby.

Rock said...

Well, I heard this works but I don't know if you want to hear it... you and John need to "fool around". I'm serious. Remember Hugs before Drugs :)

Mother Goose said...

My 14 year old sister told me to eat spicy food and go for a bumpy ride. Thought she was crazy. But the night before Avery was born I had eaten jalapenos and we went for a drive in the mountains on a dirt road. Maybe she isn't so crazy after all!

Elisha Trask said...

Get er done. That is what my DR said. Couldn't hurt right???
Whatever you do, don't drink caster oil. That stuff will give you the runs. If it does send you in to labor... all I have to say is that POOR DR.
Good luck.

Erin said...

I'm not much help because I was induced! Good luck! I can't wait to hear when this baby comes and what his name will be!

Debbie said...

I agree with Elisha. My cousin swears by caster oil but my doctor told me it only cramps/hurts your stomach and makes you feel you're having contractions, when really it doesn't effect your uterus at all.

I dont think anything really sent me into labor although it seemed like I spent the last week of my pregnancies in the bath just because it felt good.

From what I can tell it sounds like you guys better be gettin' some girl! :)

Oh I just had a thought. Maybe you should plan a big party at your place. Invite a few neighbors, make big plans, then of course, Murphy's Law should set in right, and you'll go into labor when everyone is supposed to be arriving. Hehe.

rachel said...

I know it's hard, but my philosophy is to just do nothing. Just think that things will be easier if you let your body go into labor when it wants to--it will be ready by then and so will your baby. But, in the end, I think that's what happens anyway. And your poor legs. I do have empathy.

Kiera said...

Have you had this kid yet or what???

The Kemps said...

If you're totally ready to be done, call your doctor and be induced. I think doctors like that because it's easier for them to plan it. Just a thought.