18 August 2008

Just a quick vent. . .

Okay, did anyone see the individual events in women's gymnastics last night? Namely the vault? And was anyone else furious that the Chinese girl got a medal after falling and Alicia Sacremone totally got screwed? I mean, seriously. She did so well. A couple tiny steps on the landing, and that puts her off the podium, when a complete fall landed the other girl a bronze medal? NOT OKAY. I seriously started to wonder if the Chinese hadn't paid off the judges because that is ridiculous.
Probably the most surprising thing of all in this little episode was how mad my husband got. He was even more annoyed than I was. It was kind of cute/funny. But I was really upset for her too. Especially after she had such a bad night at the team finals, and then to do so well and see her medal going to someone who FELL. Okay, now I think I'm rambling. But does anyone else see the injustice here?

9 people think my kids are cute!:

hippyrochelle said...

Scott and I were super upset about that one also. I couldn't believe how many people landed on their knees. It felt like she was one of the only ones that landed on her feet and she didn't even get a medal. It doesn't make any sense to me.

Rock said...

Yeah, we've been getting the short end of the stick. But they were saying that's what happened to other countries when the olympics were here. Human default.

Mother Goose said...

There seem to be several "suspicious" things going on in China!

The Kemps said...

Too bad we can't call in and vote like on american idol, or so you think you can dance! Hopefully the votes for the Olympics would bring in more than those shows. I agree...injustice.

Debbie said...

I didn't see that specific thing but I did see the uneven bars, and the now well known "tie breaker" to win another Chinese gold. Interesting stuff.

Kym & Marco said...

It does make you wonder, especially with a country like China....

Niel & Brittany Lund Family said...

I think it was kind of crazy too. You do have to remember the different start values though. But even with that it was a little weird that she won. I was a little surprised with Nastia's close call on the uneven bars too. They are so amazing to watch though! It was fun.

Blog Stalker said...

A travesty for sure. It seemed like one of those playground rules where the rules change for the home team as needed.

Another reminder of the whole "lifes not fair" line. I sure am getting tired of that one.

Aubrey said...

Definitely upsetting - I got so mad about the Nastia bars thing that I had to stop watching! :)