29 July 2008

a little bit of bragging

So I decided that my kids don't need a birthday party every year. Partly because I don't want them spoiled, but mostly because I don't want to plan them. So I compromised and we had all the cousins come to play. No party games, no treat bags, just play. Oh, and I made a cake. Tayleigh requested a butterfly cake and that was something that I could do. She was pretty impressed, (and I must admit, I was pretty pleased with how it turned out) and Eden even announced that I was cool.

6 people think my kids are cute!:

Leah said...

You're amazing...and cool.

Kiera said...

Im impressed too. Nice job sidetracking a birthday party. It's nice to do that occasionally. : )

hippyrochelle said...

That is one amazing cake, very impressive.

The Kemps said...

You are a cool mom! The cake is darling and I'm sure will be rememberd for years. Sounds like it was a fun birthday.

Debbie said...

Nice job on the cake!! I kn
ow what you mean about parties, they're a bit exhausting.

Niel & Brittany Lund Family said...

I totally agree with you here. A fun cake and people who love you...it's all you need, right? Ok maybe a few gifts.