25 July 2008

Happy Birthday Tayleigh!


I'm pretty sure Tayleigh had a great birthday. She woke up to a decorated house and waffles for breakfast. She even got to open a couple of presents at breakfast: her cute dress and sparkly purple sandals. We did lunch at McDonald's, which I'm pretty sure everyone but Mommy loves. Seth even climbed all the way to the top of the play place and went down the slide. The girls got to go "swimming" in our little pool in the backyard and then we headed over to Grandma's for dinner.

After dinner we opened presents. She totally scored. I love the look on her face in this one. She is holding a pack of princess books, which she was pretty excited about.


I think her favorite present was the princess dress she got. You should have heard her breath catch as she opened the box. She was so excited to model it for everyone. She was especially excited about the clip on earrings that came with it. My mom helped her get dressed and when my mom put the earrings on her, Tayleigh asked "did you make a hole?" She thought my mom had pierced her ears!

She requested a butterfly cake, but I am hoping to have cousins come over for a play date and have that dream realized then. For yesterday she helped me make cupcakes and then frost them with purple frosting. At one point yesterday Eden asked me if Tayleigh was the boss today. Not exactly, but I thought it was funny.

1 people think my kids are cute!:

Alyssa said...

What a fun day for Tayleigh! And even though birthdays/holidays can be a lot of work for parents, it's fun to see you kids having such a great time. She's adorable.