17 June 2008

The Joys of Motherhood . . .

The following involves bodily fluids and the like. If you do not appreciate such stories, stop reading NOW. This evening I had to change an incredibly dirty diaper. One that was creeping up the back. Seth has recently decided that his time could be better spent doing other things than lying on the floor while mommy cleans him up. Diapers have not been so easy lately. Tonight, however took the cake. In order to keep him from running away with a poopy bum I had to literally pin him to the floor (my feet on his arms) and hold both of his legs with one hand while trying to wipe. He is a strong little bugger. Finally, I managed to get him all cleaned up but noticed that somehow he had gotten poo all over the clean diaper. Thinking that he didn't need to be pinned down unnecesarily while I tried to clean off the clean diaper (those things are expensive and I am cheap), I let him up. He promptly peed on the floor. And then tried to crawl away. And slipped. All over the place. It was a great evening.

6 people think my kids are cute!:

aaron&marianne said...

yes- that one does take the cake! i have had to pin the girls down before- but i havent had it combined with the pee and slipping and all that fun stuff...!

aaron&marianne said...

and my vote for full name is
asher allen ward

Alyssa said...

OH that is too funny! I, too, have had to pin children with my legs. Eric is just now growing out of the stage where diaper changes are torture.

The Kemps said...

I love that other people have experiences like this too. Chloe peed in a Carl's Jr. when I was potty training her and it leaked out of the top play place and went everywhere. I have never seen a room clear so fast. Don't worry, you get to a "look back and laugh" stage! :)

~W E N D Y ~ said...

LOL!!! Rachel -- I too have had to pin my kids down at various times, and I've actually had the pee land on me!! So yeah those "joys" of motherhood aren't such joys but they sure make great stories later in life.

Liesl Shurtliff said...

LOL! That sounds exactly like Ty! I feel like we're having wrestling matches when changing diapers. I have a very similar post on my blog...only my child ATE the poop. Yes, he ate it! Gag.