23 May 2008

No, Seriously



I don't know if you can tell what this is a picture of. If you said grasshopper you are correct. I also don' t know if you can tell from the picture how big it is. If you said tiny, you are also correct. Now, can you guess where this picture was taken? My patio? My deck? Try, my kitchen floor. Yes, of all things I have an infestation of baby grasshoppers in my kitchen. My girls love it. They think they are adorable. I didn't mind--at first, when I only saw one or two on rare occasion. But after finding 12 in one day, I am done. If my girls are around they catch them and put them into their bug keeper. If they are not, the grasshoppers are doomed to burial in my dirt devil. Have you ever heard of anyone having baby grasshoppers in their kitchen? I swear, the most random things happen to me!

4 people think my kids are cute!:

The Kemps said...

Ok, my kids would be in heaven! We have an infestation of box elder bugs, but only because my kids bring them in the house by the hand full. But I think bugs in the house are gross, go dirt devil!!!!

Special K said...

hey lady! it's good to be found! your kids are so cute!

aaron&marianne said...

oh so sorry about the little insects in your kitchen- but yes, aaron and the girls would love seeing them- they love spiders and all that stuff- not me!

Alyssa said...

I've never seen grasshoppers in the kitchen....but I think I'd prefer them to spiders or (shiver) mice. I HATE rodents. But good luck getting rid of the little buggers! And I LOVE your header, by the way.