27 May 2008

In which scissors are banned. . .

Today Eden and Tayleigh were SUPPOSED to be cleaning up the den. I think that Eden actually was. Tayleigh, however, was experimenting with scissors and her hair. She has actually gone through a scissor experimentation phase with clothing, but we are about a year past that and scissors have reluctantly been allowed back into her possession. Well, she lost that today. I went in the den to check the process, and found strands of hair on the floor. Never a good sign. At first when I looked I just saw a few short pieces on top near her bangs and thought that they could be disguised. When taking a closer look, however, (don't ask me how I missed this the first time, I realized that she had hacked off one side of her hair altogether. I did the best I could with a salvaging cut and threatened that if she ever did this again, we would shave her head so that she could be bald. I think it sunk in!

7 people think my kids are cute!:

Leah said...

She looks DARLING!! I would have been freaking out myself initially, but the results were fabulous. Maybe Tayleigh will be off to hair school at the early age of 4.

Alyssa said...

Once while babysitting, the little girl who was supposed to be in bed had snuck into the bathroom and cut her hair. I was mortified! I was sure they were never going to call me to babysit again! But the mom assured me that it wasn't a big deal and that she needed a cut anyway. And Tayleigh's turned out so cute!! Love it!

*julie* said...

I JUST bought Zack scissors yesterday thinking it was somewhat safe. WHAT WAS I THINKING?!?!? But nice job on the recovery Rachel, she sure is cute with her short hair. Be thankful she wasn't thinking what I was when I was her age. I cut my hair like my grandpa's - he had a flat top crew cut. But it WAS my favorite haircut...

Aubrey said...

Wow - that is an amazing cover up job - it looks so cute!

Mother Goose said...

When I was young I had a boy friend who shaved his eyebrows off. No covering up that one! Great job Rachel!

Kiera said...

She looks great, I never would have known she got scissor happy! I love your header too.

Rock said...

LOL...