18 April 2008

Seth's Birthday





I have been meaning to do this for a while, I just don't have the motivation without the pictures. Seth's first birthday was on Monday and we had a little family dinner for him on Sunday, which is also the day that my camera decided to stop working. Thankfully my mom and her camera were there so I stole it from her and took lots of pictures. Once I get the cord and the camera I will post them so you can see what a wonderful birthday Seth had. At least now the new camera that I have been campaining for becomes more than just a frivolous want: I really need a new camera!
Seth loved his birthday. He didn't totally know what was going on but by the end of the present opening he finally got it down. He got 3 cars, all various sizes. The first one is tiny. It's one of the ones you pull backward and then it shoots forward. The second was an orange race car. You push the driver's head and the engine turns on and the car takes off. Seth followed it around for a while, but he finds it much more interesting to pick it up and watch the wheels turn all by themselves. Third he got a huge ride on fire truck with lots of buttons that make noise. He LOVES it. He doesn't ride on it, and he doesn't really even push it around. He just pushes buttons and then dances to all the songs that it sings and the noises that it makes. John hates it, by the way. The girls love it too, but they have been banned from riding it.
Seth was also introduced to cake on Sunday. He didn't really know what to think about the frosting--he didn't really like it getting all over his hands, but when I turned the cupcake upside down and let him have at it from that angle and he ate every bit that he could. All in all, I think he had a pretty good day!

4 people think my kids are cute!:

Kiera said...

I love first birthdays...Happy Birthday Seth! I hope you get your new camera soon and if you can, I would recommend the Rebel for you. I think you'd love it!

aaron&marianne said...

oh happy b day little boy who i want to hold! chubby cheeks i want to squeeze! i'm glad he's doing so well!

The Kemps said...

Happy Birthday Seth! Really, it's been a year? Wow, time flys. I'm so glad that you had a backup camera, those pictures and memories are priceless. I'm looking forward to seeing them.

Adam, Jaci, & Grant said...

Rachel! Erin told me about your blog so I had to come and check it out. I see you have us as a link...but you haven't ever left a comment! I am excited to check your blog often. You have such a cute family. And congrats on the upcoming arrival. Hope to hear from you soon!