10 April 2008

Confessions. . .

Okay, here goes. I haven't been to the doctor yet. I don't even have a Dr. let alone an appointment. I don't know anyone up here! I think everyone reading this is spread out all over creation, but if you know any good Dr.s in the area, will you let me know?
I have also been considering the possibility of a midwife. I just don't want to feel pressured not to get an epidural. I want to keep my options open. Seth came so fast that I am worried that this one will be even faster and I might not make it to the hospital on time, let alone get an epidural. Opinions, advice?

3 people think my kids are cute!:

Alyssa said...

I just received a notice that my OB was transferring to the U of U Hospital. I think. Her name is Donna B. Wiley and I really liked her. Honestly, she wasn't the on call dr. for either of my deliveries, but I'd recommend her. And I didn't have an epidural with Isaac. Even though I was induced. Dumb idea. :o) I know Wendy Randolph used a midwife...that's all I got. Congrats, again! Very exciting!

Kiera said...

My favorite doctor in the world is Vernon Yamashiro in Millcreek. He is above and beyond amazing. I drive to him from Provo because is is worth the trip!

Rock said...

Rachel, I had the BEST midwife ever! If we lived out of state, I would fly in just to see her - she is that good! Her name is Julie Jones and she is in by Fashion Place Mall. Although I think you should go all natural (trust me it's not that bad, do hypnobirthing - heck, I slept up until I had to push - it is soooo worth it for you and baby) Anyway off the soap box - She does do epidurals and no she won't make you feel bad if you get one. My friend had her and got one. I actually think the majority of her clients get them - well considering Utah has around a 97% rate of epidurals. Anywho, let me know if you want her info. I promise you she is the amazing - also let me know if you have questions about nonmedicated births (do it, do it, do it!). Wow I probably wrote too much.