27 March 2008

The Children's Museum















On Monday Eden didn't have school and I didn't have Chloe so I thought it would be the perfect day to go explore the new Children's museum at the Gateway. We had picnic lunch at the fountain before we headed to the museum and all the kids loved that. Tayleigh and Seth really enjoyed watching but Eden was brave enough to venture into the fountain itself. Sadly, just as I pulled out the camera a voice came over the loudspeakers announcing that everyone needed to get out of the fountain for the water/music show. So, no pictures of that. We headed to the museum and I knew how expensive it was (for those of you not familiar with my money spending preferences I am one of the cheapest women alive) and I balked when they told me that it would be an extra 3.50 a person to see the Sesame Street exhibit. The only reason we did it--I had giftcard to the Gateway and they took it. Did you know that it also costs a dollar to validate your parking there ?


Anyway, the kids loved the museum.
The girls loved grocery shopping. You could tell they felt very grown up taking their baskets of food through the checkout line.

Seth was terrified of this horse until I started smacking it as hard as I could to show him that it wasn't real. I don't think he is going to be an animal lover at the rate he is going: first dogs, now fake horses, I don't know what I'm going to do with that kid!
It was a great day, topped off by an ice cream treat. As we were walking away from the museum Tayleigh started complaining that her legs were too tired to walk anymore. I asked her if her legs were to tired to get a treat. She was totally good after that!

3 people think my kids are cute!:

Alyssa said...

I've thought about taking the kids there to see the sesame street exhibit. But I'm your sister in spending (or not spending!) and didn't know if it was worth it, plus gas at 6.50/gallon to get up there! It looks like your girls had a great time though!

Parker and Liz said...

I'm so glad that you got to go to the museum, we love going there (even though we've only been once). I love that you smacked the horse! So funny. Sounds like a very fun, memorable day with the kids.

Kiera said...

That museum is too rich for my blood too, maybe someday I'll fork out the dough to see it but until then I'll live vicariously through you and your kids. Looks like a fun easter egg hunt too. Ahh, life is good when you're a kid!