04 March 2007

Family Letter

Dear Family,




This has been one crazy week. I am exhausted just thinking about it. If I remember correctly, Monday was a pretty low key day. We went grocery shopping and then did some chores around the house. That night we had a combined FHE with 2 other families, one of which is moving soon and is Eden’s good friend. We read a scripture story and then had the kids act it out and videotaped them. I think it was a great idea; it just needed some older kids to pull it off. Eden was really bummed when I explained that this was the last time that she would get to play with Myka because she was moving. It is such a bummer when that happens.



Tuesday was preschool and we barely made it. It was snowing and there was an accident on the freeway just above Mark and Sara’s. We kind of had to go the back way, and then, because of all the snow and my bad tires and the neighborhood being all uphill, I got stuck and couldn’t get out of the neighborhood where Eden’s preschool was. Sara and I both drove around trying to find a way out that wasn’t uphill and when we did finally manage it the snowplow turned into the neighborhood. Irony is only funny sometimes.



Wednesday we went to ballet and then stayed for lunch at Lesa’s. We had to leave because I had a Dr. appt that afternoon. The girls came with me. It always amazes me how good they are at the doctors. I think part of it is the fact that they usually have a movie on. John came just a little too late for dinner after staying to study for a test. That night I could smell gas in our house (again) and so I called the Gas Company and they came out and had to condemn the water heater and the downstairs heater because it was leaking gas. Sometimes having an ultra sensitive pregnant nose really comes in handy.



Thursday John got up really early to study some more, but came home really early after he was finished with his test. We got to see him before it was time to go to preschool and then he got a couple of hours to himself to work. I took a shower at Sara’s as we had no hot water. When we got home I had to run a couple of errands in preparation for Enrichment that night and then tried to relax for a little while. I got to the church early to find that they had just finished putting new countertops in the kitchen and the kitchen was a disaster. I started having a panic attack and called my enrichment leader to warn her and tell her to hurry up. Luckily one of the committee members showed up during the phone call and could tell that I was on the verge of a breakdown and just started cleaning up. It helped my mental state remarkably. Everything actually went really smoothly despite all of the setbacks and worries that we had. The chef from the Tree Room at Sundance came and did a little demonstration for us. Everyone really seemed to enjoy themselves and we had a huge turnout. I think it was the fondue that got everyone there. We even had extra people stay and help us clean up afterwards. I love my ward. The best part of the night though, was when I found my diaper bag. It was sitting on the piano in the gym. It was not there last Sunday. I was pretty excited about it. While I was gone a brand new water heater was installed.



Friday morning I took the girls to play at a friend’s house for a little while, did laundry and got ready for our Girls Weekend. Karla picked me up that afternoon and then we picked up Julie and Sara and headed to Salt Lake. We had dinner at Macaroni Grill, which was really good. When we got back to the hotel I was surprised with a baby shower. It was really sweet. They had decorations and treats and best of all presents! I got some great baby boy clothes. We stayed up late talking and eating and driving each other crazy.

Saturday we slept in and took our time getting ready and deciding where to go. The majority of us headed to the outlets in Park City and had a little too much fun. The others stayed at the hotel and scrapbooked. We went to the Gateway, and wandered around and shopped until our table was ready at California Pizza kitchen. We had a great dinner and then headed back to the hotel and talked and ate until it was time to go. At least for Lesa, Julie and I. We had to be back earlier Sunday morning than everyone else. It was a great weekend, but I must say that at this point in my life, it was great to be back in my own bed with my own pillows.



This morning John went home teaching while I gave the girls a bath and then got ready for church. Our new problem is that we can’t get the shower to turn off all of the way. I am so glad that we don’t own this house. I taught RS today, and it went really well. I hardly had to do anything. The women in my ward are so willing to participate that all I really need to do is come up with a couple of good questions and we are set. We headed to Lesa’s for dinner, and it was great. John had to take off early because of his allergies and all the girls were not up to par with the level of conversation because we were all exhausted, but it was still fun. The girls had an awesome time playing with their cousins, especially the ones that they don’t get to see very often. Family is great.



Love you all,

Rachel

0 people think my kids are cute!: