04 September 2006

Family Letter

What a week. . . It started last Monday with John and Mark playing in a volleyball tournament at UVSC. Sara and I took the kids and went to watch around lunch time and we must have bad karma or something because we watched them lose the only game that they lost all day long. They actually ended up winning the tournament. They played in the novice league, so I guess that shouldn’t be too much of a surprise, but they were pretty proud of themselves. John brought pizza home with him for dinner and we had FHE complete with the animal game.

We ran errands on Tuesday. It was John’s first day of school, but he wasn’t there for very long. He came home for lunch and ended up staying for the rest of the day. It was nice because I was able to run some errands alone. I don’t actually remember the rest of the day.

Wednesday was Eden’s first day of ballet. She looked so cute all in pink and ready to go. She was pretty excited to get to go with Emily and Emma. Tayleigh and I spent the hour playing at Lesa’s house and after we picked the girls up we went back for lunch and the girls got to play some more. John came home for lunch again so we didn’t stay for too long at Lesa’s. After dinner we got together with Mike and Ashlyn and got ice cream. It was the first time that we had seen them since CA; we have all been pretty busy. The girls were really happy to see them. John went to play volleyball that night with Mark and came home even sorer than he had been before. (If that is possible)

Thursday was a pretty slow day. We went to our ward’s playgroup, but got there late and it didn’t last for very long. It was good to see my friends again after being gone for so long. I think that John came home for lunch but then went back to school again. John and I watched Alias after we put the kids to bed.

Friday we went over to look at Eden’s new preschool. I signed her up, kind of last second when I found out that there was one empty spot left in Emma’s class. We went out and looked at it and Eden is very excited about it. Tayleigh is feeling left out that she doesn’t get to go to ballet, or school. I will have to try and make those times with her extra special. After looking at the preschool we went over to Sara’s and played at the park and ate lunch. The kids had fun together and were bummed when it was time to go. John played golf with Mark and Johnathon that afternoon and once again, we watched Alias after the kids went to bed. I’m hooked.

Saturday John went to school to get some home work done. My parents came by at about 11:00 and took us out to lunch at the Training Table. We dropped the girls off at Bob and Julie’s and then headed back for the BYU/Tulsa game. We had a lot of fun. We saw Karla and John there and even saw my grandma and my uncle’s family sitting in the box above us. (Jealousy). We had a great time until it started pouring on us, at which point we took off. We were pretty soaked by the time we got to the car. We headed over to pick up the girls and then home to change into some dry clothes. The girls had a great time playing with Julie. They went to bed early and were asleep within minutes.

Sunday morning we woke up early for our Stake Conference at the Marriott Center. I for one didn’t hear a word. I spent the first 20 minutes trying to keep Tayleigh quiet and from kicking the people around us and then the next 40 in the hallway trying in vain to hear over all of the 2 year olds running around in the hallways. We gave up about halfway through and just headed home. I spent the afternoon playing games with Eden and it was fun to get to spend some one on one time with her. Mike and Ashlyn came over for dinner and we all had a great time together.

Hope you all are doing well. We love you,


0 people think my kids are cute!: