28 August 2006

Family Letter

Hello all. I am writing this from home for the first time in a long time. (Last week I was at my parents) This has been a pretty fun week as I have a husband again and it is great. Monday started out at my parent’s house. We got up and got packed and headed to Sara’s to let the kids play. They had a great time together, and we ate lunch there and then headed home in time for naps. When Tayleigh woke up we tried to go over to Lesa’s house, but not before I locked us out of the house and had to call my landlord to come over and let us in. Luckily, he could get here rather quickly and we didn’t have to wait too long. We got the keys and headed to Lesa’s, and then went over to Eden and Emily’s Ballet teacher’s house. They got to meet her and see where they will be dancing. They are pretty excited about it. Lesa invited us to stay for dinner and family night and the girls had a wonderful time playing with their cousins. It was a great day.


Tuesday we just stayed home and tried to get settled. As my gallon of milk had frozen solid in the fridge, I had to run some errands to get some more. We spent the day at home cleaning and unpacking. It was a pretty boring day for everyone. We really missed our Daddy. Eden came up to me and announced that we didn’t have a Daddy anymore. It was pretty sad. We were pretty excited when he came home.

Wednesday we went to the library and checked out some books. Then we ran some more errands before lunch and naps. I tried to get the house situated because John was due to be home the next day, but I didn’t make much progress. We went to bed and I was awakened by a phone call around 12:30 to inform me that John was home and locked out of the house. It was great to have him home, but I was pretty out of it.

Thursday was a good day. The girls were surprised to see their Daddy when they came to wake me up, but they were pretty excited that he was home. We spent the day together as a family and it was so wonderful to have all of us together. We went up to the school for John to find out where his office was and take care of some things before school started and then went to the creamery for some ice cream. After we put the girls to bed we watched Alias. I blame Karla and Sara for that. It doesn’t take long to get hooked.

Friday was a slow day. I went and ran some errands by myself, which was nice, and John stayed with the girls. While I was gone, John told me later that Eden had come into the bedroom with Chap Stick and told her dad that it was the Chap Stick she had gotten for her birthday. John asked if he could use some, as his lips were chapped. Eden said no. John asked a few more times, each time getting a negative reply until finally Eden said, “I still love you Daddy, but no.” John called me while I was running errands to let me know that we had been invited to go kayaking up in Spanish Fork Reservoir with Kevin and Lesa. I came home and we headed up there. The girls had a great time playing in the water and the sand and since it is a really small reservoir, they had a lot of fun running around to the other side and playing penguins and killer whales with Kevin.

We came home, ate, put kids to bed and watched more Alias.

Saturday morning we headed up to my parents for the day. My dad had some jobs for John and so he spent the morning trimming and pruning bushes. He did a great job. After he was finished my parents agreed to watch the girls so that we could go on a date. We stopped at the “Sniagrab” at Sports Authority and then headed up the Gateway Mall, which we had never been to before. We ate at Applebee’s and walked around a little while. It is a cool mall. We had to cut our date short because John got sick half way through so we headed back to pick up the girls and head home.

Today was interesting. We got to church and had a difficult time with Tayleigh during sacrament, but we made it through most of it. Afterwards, I had to go find someone who knew if I had been released from primary. Apparently I have, because they called new teachers, so I got to go to Sunday school and Relief Society. It was really great to be back in our ward again. I was worried that everyone I knew had moved away but I was wrong. Relief Society was wonderful, the girls loved their class as usual, despite all the new teachers and I just love my ward. After church we came home for naps and Eden actually asked to take a nap today, which was weird. In the evening we headed to Mark and Sara’s for dinner and to help celebrate Mark’s birthday. The girls had fun playing together. Tayleigh gets just as excited as Eden does now to go to Emma’s house. It was fun to spend time with them after being gone for a while. All in all, today has been a great day. Hopefully next week will be just as fun. I hope that things are going wonderfully for all of you. We love you!

Rachel

0 people think my kids are cute!: